Networking As a Professional Competency
Train-The-Trainer Certification Workshop for Internals
“What really distinguishes high performers from the rest of the pack
is their ability to maintain and leverage personal networks.”
– MIT/Sloan Management Review
Build your internal capacity to offer training to develop and support the Network-Oriented Workforce™. Set up a certification workshop led by Contacts Count thought leaders and master trainers.
Our 2-3 day train-the-trainer program, backed by 20 years of research and work with clients, will increase your internal capacity to teach networking skills for many job types and levels. You will be able to use the materials in orientation, leadership development, career development, business development, sales, mentoring, and diversity programs, for example. If your organization uses internal social networking software, the skills will also enrich and support participation.
What outcomes can you expect from the training?
• A thorough understanding of The 8 Networking Competencies for the Network-Oriented Workforce™
• The ability to teach workplace and career networking skills using modules from the Contacts Count System
• Strategies for customizing the materials to your organization′s culture
• Permission to tailor our modules to fit a variety of learning formats, time frames, delivery systems, and audiences
• Strategies for integrating face-to-face networking skills in a way that supports widespread participation in your internal social networking system
• The opportunity to order Make Your Contacts Count (AMACOM, 2nd edition) and Strategic Connections: The New Face of Networking in a Collaborative World (AMACOM, 2015)
at discounted prices for your organization
• Support and consultation regarding the marketing, launch, and on-going excellence of your Contacts Count program
What materials will you receive?
• Electronic and hard-copy versions of all the training modules in the Participant Manual and the scripted Facilitators’s Guide.
• Copies of Make Your Contacts Count by Anne Baber & Lynne Waymon (AMACOM, 2nd edition) and Strategic Connections: The New Face of Networking in a Collaborative World (AMACOM, 2015)
• 15 articles by Baber and Waymon (print and electronic) to reinforce learning with your training participants
• 1 downloadable copy of The Networking Activity Guide which includes 10 scripted and structured activities to help people in all sizes of groups make great connections
• “100 Success Networking Tips” for you to use in newsletters, emails, etc.
Call Lynne Waymon, CEO at 301-589-8633, ET, to discuss your needs.