Only 20% of employees network at their full potential. This training program prepares the other 80% to use advanced networking skills to not only get the job done, but to also impact enterprise-wide goals. Include this one- or two-day training in any of these programs: Leadership Development, Employee Development, Orientation, Mentoring, Diversity, or Employee Resource Groups.
Drawn from our new book, Strategic Connections: The New Face of Networking in the Collaborative World, the program is based on The 8 Competencies for the Network-Oriented Workforce. Participants learn to network and collaborate across all boundaries to innovate, share resources, eliminate stovepipes and silos, and address your organization’s key business issues.
The training program develops both the skill sets and mindsets of your employees. Participants learn to apply their discretionary effort to exchange information, resources, support, and access. They will intentionally create new value with others inside and outside the organization by skillfully creating trust-based, purposeful connections, meaningful conversations, and effective collaborations.
Upon completion, participants will be able to
• Operate more effectively in a collaborative environment by using 3 Driving Principles as their guide: Reframe Networking, Risk Reaching Out, and Reinforce the NOW,
• Shed outdated misconceptions about the purpose and value of connecting with others,
• Commit to developing a Networker Identity that goes beyond job function,
• Develop strategic and tactical ways to leverage their WorkNets, OrgNets, ProNets, & LifeNets,
• Recognize 6 stages of trust-building and use a variety of strategies to encourage relationships to grow,
• Demonstrate character and competence to deepen trust,
• Engage in behaviors that enhance likability as they interact with others,
• Develop questioning, listening, and storytelling skills to more effectively engage with people,
• Build a diverse network (with regard to age, gender, race, culture, rank, function, and geography) to increase innovation and get things done,
• Expand their capability to build internal and external networks, so they can contribute more to organizational initiatives,
• Create additional value for the organization.