Job seekers, career changers, people who want to gain confidence and competence in connecting, conversing, and collaborating with others.
Our widely acclaimed Training Program focuses on teaching networking skills for business and career success. Participants network to get a job, get the job done, get up to speed in a new job fast, get the business, get more out of meetings and conventions, and much more.
The course is based on the best-selling book, Make Your Contacts Count, 2nd edition and The 8 Networking Competencies.
Upon completion, participants will be able to
• Assess their current networking skill level,
• Master the 3 key moments in every relationship,
• Advance through the 6 stages of trust in any relationship,
• Make conversations flow and ask good questions,
• Remember names – and make theirs memorable,
• Answer “What do you do?” in a way that shows character & competence,
• Steer small talk to uncover resources and opportunities,
• Make the most of memberships, associations, and conferences,
• Develop a “big picture” network that brings in business intelligence and timely information,
• Handle awkward networking situations,
• Showcase their expertise – without bragging,
•Tell success stories that help people see the value they bring to the workplace,
• Uncork bureaucratic bottlenecks, round up talent, gather business intelligence, increase productivity, find resources, and build partnerships,
• Penetrate the “inner circle” in the groups they join,
• End conversations with the future in mind.